Monday, April 25, 2011

Dearest Ole Friend,

Dearest Ole Friend (AKA Rat),

There is something to be said about you. You and my other 4 lovely ladies are like gold to me. You stick by me through the tough times lending a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. And you are there to celebrate the good times with a bottle of wine in one hand and a hug in the other.  In the tough times we have been experiencing lately, you have become my rock. I jump at the chance to be with you every chance that I get. You are like my favorite warm fuzzy blanket or silk pillowcase. You make me smile when I need it the most and you make me laugh and help me find a way to be positive about things.

So here's a little shout out thanking you for a wonderful ending to my Spring Break. Thank you for letting me know that things are going to be alright.  Thank you for always delivering when I need you the most. Thank you for still living in a place that provides me and the kids a little needed R and R from things. We were only there for a night but it was just what we all needed. Thank you for sharing your back porch, a few cocktails, and hours worth of chatting. This is where we really got down to business filling each other in on things that had happened since February. Of course, I had more to tell but I really enjoyed hearing about the latest gossip to happen in Chucktown and to be able to escape my drama for awhile. Thank you Lula Pearl and Big for providing smiles all around for P and Jack Jack. Big, Jack Jack enjoyed riding electric scooters together, and he especially loved your tire swing! Lula, thank you for sharing your make-up secrets and cooking recipes for your babies with P. You are all she can talk about.

Also thank you for sharing your part of Charleston with us. King Street is still the heart of Chucktown and provided the kids with lots of joy of downtown.  Jack Jack's favorite stop was the Robot Candy store so he could fill up on everything sugar. P loved being able to put her hands in the jars and pull out anything sweet and dreamy imaginable. Thank you for giving Jack Jack a tour of our Alma Mater. He was in total awe. He kept repeating "so this is college, so this is college."  My heart skipped a beat knowing this could be him someday! Thank you for letting me see that spark in his eye and the smile on his face when he met Coach. He is still in awe of his autographed basketball. "He had never met a real celebrity before." I think this is a day that will go down in the books for him...and you wrote it!

Thank you again for being my dearest and oldest friend! We love you!  

First stop: Robot Candy Store



In the gym

At lunch, Charleston Crab House, enjoying the boats



1 comment:

  1. Tearing up a little here Neesie. Never had a post dedicated to me. You and your little biddies are always welcome here or wherever I may be. Glad you came and hope you do it again soon.
    Love ya'll,
    a

    ReplyDelete