Monday, January 31, 2011

Training Day


As many of you know, I am not the most athletic. I start panting at the idea of jumping on a stair climber or an aerobics class. But I have found myself in a dilemma! Recently my book club group decided that we would "divide and conquer" the Cooper River Bridge Run this April. In one of our drunken escapades, we decided that we would train for the next few months and then make a fun girls' weekend out of it. It sounded good at the time.....4 Sangria's and a 6 pack later. It wasn't until Sunday that I realized that the 3 miles that I had worked up to a couple of years ago was a triumph of the past! Nearly dying after one lap around the high school track, I knew I was in for a long training session and a long couple of months. My friend Barb, who is an experienced runner and holds several marathons under her belt, thought it would be a good idea if I did some sprints! Who were we kidding...my a@# is not in shape and it is looking more like I am going to be registering as a walker/runner with no time limit! Those girls will be looking for me at the back...just call me the caboose! It was funny though as we were training, Princess P was trying to keep up with us. She kept saying she wanted to be like Barb (notice not like mommy) and run! As she was running though, she kept saying "almost there, almost there, almost there!" My thoughts exactly my Princess P...that's what mommy will be saying when she crosses that big bridge of soreness and exhaustion.

Training Session
Week 1: 1/2 mile (9 1/2 more miles to go!)
Speed: Slow

1 comment: