Saturday, July 30, 2011

Watch Out Hollywood!

About 6 months ago, we introduced P into the world of dance. As a mom, I was a little hesitant to start something so ambitious so early (she is only 3), but the dancer in me knew I just had to do it! You see I started dance at an early age too. It grew into a secret passion and hobby of mine since I can't sing and can't read music to play an instrument.  Most of my friends would say that I can dance and that I have never been shy on the dance floor (okay a little crazy on the dance floor). I have often been given the nickname Shakira because I can make the booty go shake a time or two!

Since starting dance, P has enjoyed the world of dance just as much as I did or do. And not to brag, she is really very good at it too! I have been a proud mama to say the least! At the end of May (I know I am three months too late), P had her first official ballet/tap recital and of course in true P fashion she rocked it! But besides her ability to shake it, I was particularly blown away by her lack of shyness or in better words her confidence to woo the audience. Martin and I are constantly saying that she never meets a stranger but wow a whole audience!




In addition to her weekly dance practice this summer, we put her into a dance camp at Dutch Fork High School which she loved. I was a little skeptical of sending my three year old to camp for four hours out of the day but again like in true P fashion she rocked it. She didn't hesitate and ran right in to make new friends with all the big girls. I was very impressed by the Razzle Dazzle team's ability to design a dance that was age appropriate for a three year old to learn in just 4 days! They did a great job and more importantly P loved the whole week.  She even got best smile out of her age group!!




Watch Out Hollywood!

No comments:

Post a Comment