Monday, March 21, 2011

But on days like these...

Okay so as you get older you don't need me as much and more often than not I have a really hard time with this.

You no longer seem to need me to tie your shoes, give you a bath, pick out your clothes, get you dressed, or help you brush your teeth.
You no longer seem to need me to make you something to drink or fix you a snack.
You no longer seem to need me to turn on the tv for you and find your favorite cartoon or get you set up on the computer for your favorite games.

But it is on days like this that you need me.
You need me to make you feel better again.
You need me to help you get into your pajamas and put a cold compress on your burning head.
You need me to get you a glass of Sprite and a popsicle to cool your throat.
You need me to cover you up with all your favorite blankets, to fetch Froggy, and to play your favorite movie.

And you need me to just lay beside you, to comfort you, to tell you that you will feel better soon and that I LOVE YOU WITH EVERY HEARTBEAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment