Thursday, February 17, 2011

And then it happened

And then it happened....before my eyes...I looked up and you were 3!  The past 3 years are like a blur of white light. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

The sleepless nights as a newborn are but distant memories. The days of trying new foods and weening you from the bottle seem so long ago. The fights and battles over your pacifier seem so frivolous now. And your favorite things of ago have been traded for prized possessions of today...Elmo slippers exchanged for princess dress up shoes, Barney for Barbie, Dora for Belle, stroller rides for scooter rides, footed sleepers for satin nightgowns.

Now all I see is this beautiful little girl standing in front of me...not the baby or toddler that I thought I saw just yesterday. Now all I see is a little girl who wants to do everything on her own. A little girl who wants to grow up just as fast as her big brother. I wish I could slow down the hands of time and you could be 3 forever!

Happy Birthday My Princess Pea!! I love you!



1 comment:

  1. Wo Man. That was quick! Happy Birthday Parsons! LOVE that your 3!

    ReplyDelete